Jewelry, from Louis XIV to Contemporary Artists
Explore how jewels evolved into jewelry
From Louis XIV to contemporary artists, punctuated by extraordinary discoveries, the history of jewels is marked by great creators.
During this course :
After a retrospective journey, detailing the main different styles of jewelry, its great aesthetic themes and their origin, from Baroque to Art Déco, from gems and precious metals to the most innovative materials, you will discover the blossoming of modern and contemporary jewelry.
You will also have the privilege of observing extraordinary antique jewelry pieces.
During this course, you will discover the evolution of jewelry from different perspectives: history, culture, style, symbolism…
Your teachers :
This course is led by two art historians.
Good to know :
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- Coffee, tea and pastries are offered upon your arrival.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
What makes L'ECOLE experience so special :
- High quality education : L'ECOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty : all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in a enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses : on an “à la carte” basis courses offered in English, to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.
To go further :
- To discover how jewels evolved across the ages from Antiquity to the Renaissance, you can take part in the course "Gold & Jewelry, from Antiquity to the Renaissance Princes".
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, Museums related to the course attended.